April 20, 2020 – Originally constructed in 1894, a devastating fire claimed the historic Pearl Bottling House in 2003. Pearl salvaged as much from the rubble as possible, and hired Clayton & Little to rebuild the 13,132-square-foot structure as a modern interpretation of a lost Classical Revival jewel that would serve as a venue for emerging chefs and culinary talent.

Located at the heart of the historic Pearl campus, the Bottling Department sits along the San Antonio River and is the city’s first food hall that houses local chefs. An anchor in the Pearl campus, the building is surrounded on all sides by a mixture of residential apartments and condos, offices, retail shops, restaurants, and Hotel Emma.

The Bottling Department Food Hall in San Antonio, Texas

04.20.2020